Big news this week!
Kevin's engaged!!!! Jen is about to join our crazy family and I can't wait! I was wanting another sister. Kevin has decided to leave our little "unmarried pact". I guess I'll just form my own pact, that consists of me and only me. My wish of attending just one of my sibling's sealings is not going to come true after all, but who cares about that! They're getting married!!!
I know Jen better than anyone else in the family and I love her! Pretty soon she'll be settled in the family. I can't wait. We're a lot a like Jen and I. I feel like we can relate to each other pretty well. Kevin's so happy.
As I watched him teach the gospel in front of a class full of teenagers this morning, I was just grateful to have such a good man as my brother. Even though sometimes I feel we're complete opposite, I'm grateful for his example. He's such a great teacher. It's very easy to see his love of teaching. So, who's luckier, Jen or Kevin?
Congratulations you two!!!
Something less exciting, my hair's dark. I've been talking about doing it for at least a year now. I finally did it. My mom has said, "I'm proud of you" at least three times. What does she mean? If she thinks I wasn't brave enough to do, I showed her! It's been an adjustment for sure. Every time I look in the mirror I'm surprised! I saw my reflection as I was walking into Wal Mart today and I thought "Oh my gosh, that's me, huh?"
Last night my dad was talking to my uncle. I heard his end of the conversation.
"Well we have a wedding coming up and I thought I'd let you know so you can put it on the calendar.... Nope, not Cindy.... She just dyed her hair today so it will be a while..."
I wasn't offended. That was the idea anyway. :)
My nephew, Evan, ran in my house, looked at me, looked at my hair, gave a forced "ha ha", and then said, "Cindy, what happened to your hair?" A few minutes later, "Grandma, what happened to Cindy's hair?"
I don't really know what happened! It just got this way. It's pretty dark isn't it? Every keeps telling me I look like Janet. A summer under her roof, and I might end up just like her.
It's fun to have a change! I guess I'll find out if blondes really do have more fun. I'll let you know what I think later.
P.S. I was reading my last post and I said something about still feeling like me. It made me laugh because I'm always going to feel like me! Did I expect to feel like someone else? Duh! Silly me.
There's something different in the air and it's not just my hair. Something just feels different. I don't know what it is or whether it's good or not. Maybe I'm crazy! That's definitely not different.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Yeah for Kevin! I can't wait to meet Jen. She sounds super cool. Also, I love your hair. You look so sophisticated. It sounds like Kennedy is going to fly home with my mom a week before the rest of our family, so you guys and kidnap her a day or two. We are so excited to visit!
So cute Cindy!! Change is fun even though I hate it. I love you and miss you. I get to see you soon though thanks to Kevie and Jen!
I laughed out loud several times... at mom saying she's proud of you and dad saying you won't get married for a while. and then Evan-- oh that kid is funny. I was going to text you back yesterday but my phone is old and texting is a pain. Anyway, I really do like it. It make you look--- old.
I've been blond and I can testify that hair color has nothing to do with the fun you have. We are going to have a blast this summer! love you.. love the hair!
ps. let dad know that some guys find brunettes attractive and even want to marry them..
Love the hair Cindy! It is dark and I think it looks great! Don't worry about not seeing any of you siblings being sealed because you are the lucky one. You are the only one that gets to have every single one of your siblings in the sealing room with you. The same thing happened to me and it was wonderful and really spiritual.
Thanks, Cindy. You are the best.
You are also the luckiest to not be married, yet. ALL of US get to be at YOUR wedding.
Cindy!! I love your hair! It looks sooo cute! I didn't get to go to any of my sibling's sealings, either. Someone's got to babysit. :) Have a great time in Vegas. Love you xoxoxox Aunt Karen
Snooze I love your new hair!! So cute!!!
Post a Comment